Senior Consultants exhibit solid analytical skills, leadership in team settings, and a willingness to “do whatever it takes” for successful client projects. They direct Associate Consultant and Consultant activities, execute complex analysis, and interact with Directors and Executive Vice Presidents on a regular basis.
Creative and diligent, Senior Consultants either advanced from the Associate Consultant and Consultant career path or became a content expert at another consultancy or a financial services institution. Typically possess 4+ years of similar relevant work experience in financial services and/or consulting.
- Typically 4+ years as a consultant or similar work experience
- Drive a work stream in chargeable or non-chargeable project work, including the delegation of tasks to the proper CAST or client resources
- Apply industry and/or CAST methodology subject matter depth and/or breadth to projects
- Identify potential problem areas in a project (e.g., client management, quality of deliverables, etc.) and appropriately escalate them
- Develop timelines, major tasks, and deliverables, and make recommendations based on the results of research, analysis, or observation
- Interact with the client with limited oversight or supervision, and determine when the client needs to get involved in a situation and when it can be handled internally
Success as a Senior Consultant is determined by your ability to begin to manage certain aspects of a project and related team members. You demonstrate an understanding of project roles and project management activities.
You begin to exhibit a depth of functional and/or industry knowledge, and you take responsibility for helping with the professional development of more junior staff.
“CAST has afforded me numerous opportunities I couldn’t have gotten anywhere else. Throughout my time at CAST, I have worked closely with all levels of senior management, from whom I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. CAST has provided me many opportunities to interact directly with clients on a variety of projects and in industries ranging from finance to pharmaceuticals. The collaborative environment fostered throughout the firm is evident across all projects teams, from internal initiative to client-facing project, and I constantly feel inspired and supported by the people I work with each day. Because of CAST, I have grown both on a personal and professional level and am proud to be a part of the CAST team.“
Lauren, Senior Consultant
For More Information:
Please contact us at (213) 614-8066, or at